A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Frustration!

I get that I am no Einstein but I do have a college degree and would consider myself an educated individual (except for spelling) but not according to my children.  I must have "I am stupid" tattooed on my forehead and did not know it.

This week the homework department has been a bit challenging.  Bug discovered that she missed the section on Geometry of the circle last semester and I am helping her get caught up that is if I knew anything.  I guess she believes that I can't read or teach her the information.  We finally got things worked out tonight but it has been difficult trying to communicate with her.  I teach differently then she learns and yes, I do find myself taking over and just doing the problem which doesn't help.  I know we can work through it.

Little Bug, that is a whole 'nother ballgame.  She not only thinks I don't know what I am doing, She believes it is not worth doing.  She did not do so hot on her math review so we went over the worksheet to correct it.  She could not grasp that she needed to learn the information. "I already missed it so why worry about it." Then we discussed that there would be a test over the same info and she explained "Fine, I will just miss it again!" This is not from my side.  I promise. 

This is going to be fun!

'Til the next adventure if I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment