A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cupcakes Save the Day...

So one of the reasons that I haven't been blogging is because I was upset and I was not ready to talk about it, until now.  You see, I have never had the cops called on me until now...

A couple of Fridays ago we were home and Garrett and the Bugs were playing Wii and we heard a big bang, bang, bang coming from downstairs.  Garrett and I just looked at each other and the they continued on playing.  We weren't being very loud so we figured that the neighbor was putting together something or hanging a picture.  No biggie.  Then about 30 minutes later the same bang, bang, bang came from down stairs again. Nothing happened so we just continued playing.  Then we decided to go out to dinner. 

When we came back a cop was at the neighbor's talking to her and since the boyfriend/husband is no longer around, we thought it had something to do with that.  I then sent the girls in the house and the cop walked over to Garrett and I and told us that there had been some noise complaints about us being too loud.  He said that we were not in trouble because it was before 10 pm when the city wide noise ordinance comes into effect.  He continued to talk to Garrett but I decided to go inside because I was embarrassed and upset.

What do I start to do... BAKE.  Yes, I baked cupcakes and decided that I would give them to the neighbor and no, Bridget, I did not poison them even though I thought of it.  The next day the girls and I go down and talk to the neighbor and say we are sorry.  We chit chatted a bit and found out that she was almost 3 month pregnant and has been very sick.  She has to have her gallbladder and tonsils out in the next couple of weeks. We talked about children and how Little Bug doesn't know how to walk, just run and jump.  We talked about how the garbage disposal rocks the whole apartment and we can't do anything about it.  We talked about boyfriends.  We introduced ourselves and now say hello to each other.  I hope everything continues to work out.  So far, so good.

But, if you see me on an episode of cops, I'm the one in the tank top with no bra on but I do have most of my teeth.

'Til the next adventure...

1 comment:

  1. I'll be watching for you on Cops! wow, a city-wide noise ordinance? It was nice of you to make her cupcakes! I'm sure she appreciated them, especiall since she's been sick.

    ReplyDelete