A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sun, Sand, Soccer and the Space Shuttle...

First of all I have to apologize to my loving Husband Garrett, I was wrong, you were right.  You see, I have signed up to help with the YMCA Swim Team that Bug is on and I feel like I am not pulling my weight.  I was in charge of the Bake Sale on Saturday at the swim meet and really wanted to stay home and not go to the launch.  I had some things to do and have been traveling a lot lately.  No complaints.  I have been having an awesome time but I really did not think that the shuttle would get to go and I would get to spend another 10 hours in the car with a tired crabby family.  Garrett really wanted to go so I sucked it up. 

We had a great time.  I do think that it is funny because I told the whole family that they were in charge of packing themselves.  This is what I normally do but I also go back and double check.  I was too busy getting my things done for the Bake Sale that I didn't double check.  Little Bug forgot a swimsuit, Bug forgot pj's, Garrett forgot his mouth guard and they all forgot towels even though I reminded them right before we left.  However, Garrett did have beautifully trimmed and filed nails that he did while I was in a small panic tyring to get out the door.  I forgot nothing. 

We got to the beach about 8 a.m. on Friday and played in the surf.  The waves were huge and we all had an awesome time jumping in them.  Garrett and Little Bug played soccer. We read and played in the sand.

It was cloudy but we were hoping that everything would work out.

Stole the ball from Sister.

Relaxing and double checking to make sure we were still on.

Played in the waves.  These were the biggest waves we have seen so far.

You could tell when the time was getting close.  Everyone was facing the north. Waiting.  Waiting. and then we all saw...

Space Shuttle Atlantis Lift Off.

Okay, so this is what we saw...

I know it is not so impressive but I think it was more of the I was there when...

The bugs really did not get the significance I hope they will sometime in the future.  I guess it was more for Garrett and myself and that is okay.  I am sad to say that NASA won't be the same.  Change is hard but it has to happen. 

'Til the next adventure...

PS- The Bake Sale rocked.  We got lots of good comments and made twice the amount of money that we did last year.  Go Stringrays!



1 comment: