A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Monday, July 18, 2011

Because I Can...

I always have had a different view of my hair and style.  When I was in the 7th grade, my mom dropped me off at the salon to get a trim and when she picked me up I had cut off over 10 inches.  In high school, I played around with hair dye and rinses to see what I would look like with red hair.  I have always wanted to have red hair and green eyes but there are somethings you can't really change.

Over the years, my hair has been a way for me to change things up.  I could control what I did with my hair and I would take a bit of stress out on my hair.  But this time I was ready for something a bit crazy just because I can...




So it is a bit drastic but I have always wanted to do something totally different and fun but I have had too many responsibilities like a job or a wedding that was coming up.  This is not a hair color I would ever wear to work or in someones wedding.

It is probably something that will last oh, bout a couple of months before I go back to brown.  See my mom and dad, Aunt Patti and Uncle David are coming to visit in September and I don't think I can live through Uncle David's visit and have Radiant Red or Fire Engine Red (as Little Bug calls it) streaks in my hair.

However, Little Bug also got a new style...





Little Bug has had a bit of trouble with her hair in the Georgia humidity and lifestyle.  The chlorine from the pool and the salt from the ocean had taken its toll.  We had dry, slimmy, knotty hair so she decided it was time to go.  Little Bug doesn't really like to mess with her hair so we needed something easy for school.  We only have two weeks left of summer vacation. 

We are starting to get back into the swing of going to bed by 8 and getting up by 9 this week.  Next week in bed by 7:30 for book and up by 7:30.  That way we can be ready to go by 7:15 the next week. She has gotten so many compliments on her hair.  I am a bit worried about soccer but I think we can pull the top in two little piggies to keep it out of her face when she runs.

I have gotten a few compliments but my favorite has been from Ms. Kathy (my friend and yoga teacher) "I don't really like it."  I love her.  You always need to surround yourself with honest people. I have been lucky to find a few who I can always count on to keep me honest.

I like it.  I think I like it because it represents more than just hair.  It gives me a little pick up and a smile when I look in the mirror.  I have taken myself too serious for too long and it represent a bit of freedom.  I also know I won't keep it because it is not really me.  But it is something I am glad I did because I can...

'Til the next adventure...

1 comment:

  1. That is crazy hair but you have fun with it! Lucy you look darling.

    ReplyDelete