A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Friday, July 1, 2011

It's Been Awhile...

I forgot what summer was like.  I know that sounds silly but I really did.  The last ten years that I was working at the Zoo summer meant work harder.  We were always busier and had to multitask many projects like getting ready for Zoobilee, work a few late nights for Summer Concerts and turn right around and be there bright and early to set up for Wet-N-Wild days.  It was hard and long and we made the best of it.  I miss the fun parts of playing golf cart tag and crazy radio chatter while you waited for the band to clean up.  Then their was the attack of the snuck in the Special Events Shed that has been bequested to my friend Karen. But I really don't miss feeling torn about work and home.  I always felt like I never gave enough to either place.

At home I would try to make sure that the Bugs got to do fun activities; go to the pool,  have friends over, stay up late and get to sleep in.  These were all the things that I got to do as a kid and I had forgotten what it was like over the years until this year.

We have been supper busy doing nothing. And I really like it.  In fact that is why I have not been blogging.  We only have 5 weeks left of summer and I don't know where it all went. We have already had some awesome adventures and I hope to get my blog up to date with all the pictures soon.  Just bear with me.  In the mean time, I have 5 weeks left of summer with the girls... I don't know what we will do but I bet we will have fun.

'Til the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment