A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sand Dollars, Jelly Fish and Fireworks...

I hope you all had an awesome 4th of July.  After much debate on what to do at the Duncan House we decided to go to the pool.  Real Adventure.  You see the 4th of July has never really been a holiday that I get into.  If you ask Bug, she would tell you that we normally ditch the children at Grandma Georgia's and go out on a date just Garrett and myself.  Well, that is a bit hard to do in the state of Georgia since I did not plan ahead and book airplane tickets.

So time to start a new tradition and off to the pool we went. It was CLOSED. How can the pool be closed? Time for Plan B.  We will try the beach.  Off to Hilton Head we went.

Plan B was awesome.  The weather was great.  A cool breeze off the ocean.  The water was warm and the Bugs and Garrett we able to find Sand Dollars in the water. They decided to save one for Uncle Jamie.

 I think the ended up with a total of 7 before Garrett threatened
them with their lives to leave the rest in the ocean.

We played in the ocean for a couple of hours and then Little Bug started hopping around.  I asked her what was wrong and she got stung my a jelly fish.  I sent her back up to the stuff and to Garrett to sit and rest and rinse it off to see if there were any marks.  I don't know what to do.  I am from Kansas.  We don't have jelly fish there.  So Bug and I went back out and what do you know, she got stung, too. She said it hurt and both her legs were tingling.  So, done with the ocean for today.  I was not going to get stung. Mom did not raise a dumbo here. Little Bug hoped that it was a Moon Jelly that stung her since they change color.  We learned about them at the Georgia Aquarium over the weekend.

We loaded up the car and headed to the Sea Pines Resort to get something to eat and see the fireworks.  It was at this time, that I found out Little Bug did not have her cover up.  She did not bring any clothes for after the beach.  $40 dollars later, a new outfit for Little Bug.  We were walking away from the store and what do you know, her flip flops broke.  Back to the store for me. Let's bring that total up to $50.

I did feel a bit out of place at Sea Pines.  We all had just walked off the beach in our swimsuits and cover ups and everyone next to us was in their Tommy Hilfiger and wedge high heels.  Seriously.  I guess we were just a bunch of crazy locals.  I really am not a high society girl.  When I prepare mentally I can mingle with them, but I always know my place.  We enjoyed a nice dinner and fireworks.





After the show, we caught the trolley bus to our parking lot.  This took the longest time in our journey but everyone waited patiently. Even Garrett. We did not get home until 11:30 and all had to take quick showers. We hit the sheets by 12 ready for a good night sleep. I think that we may have found a new tradition but I will be a little better prepared next year.

'Til the next adventure....



No comments:

Post a Comment