A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Different Strokes for Different Folks...

Bug has been working all summer on her swimming for swim team.  Even over vacation.  It has been a bit tiring at times and we have had a few meltdowns along the way but I am so proud of her.  It has really helped her stokes and her self confidence.  She even has made some new friends along the way. 

Bug has never really been much of a sports person and I have really had to push this year about swim team.  It is something that we do together and I even help with coaching.  I love to see her pushing herself.   Her main coach, Ms. Sarah has become one of our good friends.  She is a former Marine Drill Sargent and reminds me a bit of my BFF Bridget.  A little tough and intimidating on the outside but a real softie on the inside.  Bug works extra hard just because she doesn't want to let Ms. Sarah down. 

Bug getting ready to go for her first race.

Swimming 50 meters breast stroke. 

On the home stretch of her 50 meters back stroke.

Bug finishing up her 50 meters of free. 
She also did 2 relays but her parents missed both of them. 

I hope Bug understands that this is really more than swimming laps, it is more about knowing that you can do something that seems hopeless when you put your mind to it and work hard.  I know that she is growing up fast (we even bought hoop earring this weekend) but no mater if she is 2, 12 or 34 she will always be my Bug!

'Til the next adventure...

1 comment: