A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Monday, May 23, 2011

Somber and Serious...

Bug has been taking piano for a couple of years now but she really has never played in front of anyone, until now.  You see we no longer have the best piano teacher in the world and had to settle for the second best.  This is one time that eavesdropping was a good thing.  Bug really wanted to take piano lessons when we moved here so I was tasked for finding a teacher.

I looked in the yellow pages, talked to some people at Bug's school, asked some people at church and was getting nowhere.  I wanted to get a teacher a little closer than Savannah but could not find one.  Then a little prayer was answered.  I over heard a couple of ladies at the YMCA talking about how they had to take their kids to piano lessons.  Did I hear correctly though my headphones?  So, I took them out and asked the lady, "So sorry to bother you, but I thought I heard you say piano lessons?  Do you know someone around here that teaches.  I have been looking for a teacher for my daughter."

"Sure,  we go to Ms. D and she is very good.  Let me text her to make sure it is okay to give you here info."

We went to go meet Ms. D the next week and Bug and I thought she was great.  She is 16 but very mature and has 8 brothers and sisters.  She is home schooled to give herself more time to practice.  Bug and Ms. D hit is off and she has been having fun ever since until she had to play in front of people!

Bug had her very first recital.  She did so well.  I was so proud.  She gets so nervous and forgets to smile but I think in time, that will change. I did take video but it isn't wanting to load.  I'll try it later.


'Til the next adventure...

1 comment:

  1. way to go Bug! :-) That is a great picture of the girls, too! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete