A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oh! Easter Egg Dyeing... Where is Grandma Georgia When You Need Her...

The Bugs would be out of school every Good Friday and I would need to work to help set up for Easter Eggstravaganza so Grandma Georgia would head up the Easter egg dyeing with all the grandkids.  You see, I am a bit of a crazy or self diagnosed OCD and Easter egg dyeing is on the list of things that drive me crazy.  It must have started with Little Bug and the kitchen disaster of 2005.




It was a good thing that Garrett was there to help in 2005.  I think this was the last time I dyed eggs until this year. I decided that it was best to waste the few dollars and buy two packages of dye.  One for Bug and one for Little Bug.  My plan was for this to cut down the reach across to get the green and help cut down on the dripping. Then I boiled two dozen eggs.  I was planning on trying to make deviled eggs for Garrett this year with the eggs later that week.  Garrett loves deviled eggs and normally my mom and his mom make them for him but since we moved I did not think we would get a package of eggs in the mail. 


Preparing for the adventure.  Yes, I made them wear their aprons. 
 I don't know how to get dye out of clothes!


 
They each got a side of the table and I even recycled the pizza box
from dinner the other day for the drying station. 
That one is for you MG but threw it away after we were done.
HA!



Bug's artistic designs took time.



Little Bug was focused and excited to get them all done before sister.  Competitive?

I was in the kitchen trying very hard not to take over.  I planned Easter dinner, did the dishes and then helped with a few eggs of my own.  I have to say it was fun.  I will have to come up with something a little more adventuresome next time. I am a firm believer in trying something simple first and then make it fabulous!

As for the deviled eggs...


Give me a piping bag, a new plate from Target and pretend they are cupcakes and hell ya I am one fabulous wifee!

'Til the next adventure...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment