A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Monday, May 23, 2011

Congrats Lily Duncan...

I know that all mothers have a bit of a reality check in life when they look at their bugs and think, "Shit, how did I get here."  I had one of those moment, in church even.  My Little Bug is really not that little.  You see she had her 1st Communion last week and I can't really believe how grown up she was.

I always try to make things a little extra special.  This was no exception because Bug was there to chime in "When I had my 1st Communion, I got to get my hair done at the beauty shop." Thanks Bug.  So I got one of the ladies at Garrett's salon to come in early and do Little Bug's hair.

She was giving all the directions to the lady.  I just sat back and watched. 
She is someone who knows what she wants.

I will say she did do a good job picking out her dress. 
It is a real Little Bug dress and bling sandals.

Take my picture with my glasses off.  We gave her a little St. Lucy
medal because that is her favorite Saint.  Eyes gouged out and all, poor, St. Lucy. 

Back View-  Very important to get the whole thing.  I guess that is true if you
pay $30 to get your hair curled in Georgia they did have to use a bunch of hairspray.

The whole class of Communicates.  Fr. Wes Lamb is our Pastor and he tell funny jokes all the time. Garrett loved all the boys' ties.  Some were so long and some were really short.  They were all really cute.


The proud parents.

Little Bug sat down in her chair at church and opened the program, leaned over to me and goes
"Mom, they got my name wrong!"  Sure enough.  Congrats Lily.  We still love you!

It is a bit hard to get a lot of things on a cake for just 4
people so we upgraded to one that served 10.  Damn Diet.

We then had to rush to our 12:20 soccer game in Savannah to play in the rain. It was the last one with that team as she will be to old for it next year and we have to try out at the end of the month for the next team.  You know, hair does not stay curled in the rain no matter if you have a whole bottle of spray on it. Oh well.  She did not seam to care.  It was goal time.

"Til the next adventure...

1 comment:

  1. congratulations, Lily! ;-) Laura loves the "little cake" and wanted to know what kind of frosting the cross was made of?! Tell Lucy we said congratulations!

    ReplyDelete