A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Really Am Not A Clothes Horse...

Easter week was a little longer than most but I enjoyed a new aspect of it.  Normally for Lent we give something up to make a sacrifice to God because he gave so much to us.  I decided that I would do something a bit different and be more active in our new parish, St. Boniface. 

I really have never had much time to be very active in the Church.  Now though, I don't really have much of an excuse.  So, I joined the choir.  It is really a small group and they needed help.  I like it.  I get to really pay attention at Mass.  I went to several services Good Friday Service, Easter Vigil Mass and both Easter Masses on Sunday. 

We were to wear black and white at the services on Friday and Saturday.  I have many black and white outfits and so it was not a problem for me. On Sunday, I wore a cute blue, green and yellow skirt with a navy blazer and navy slingback high heels.  I love the shoes.  I have had them for many years but only wore them a hand full of times because the hurt my feet.  I figured that since I had my feet fixed in surgery and I have been working out my calves and legs and they are stronger, I would give them a try.  They felt great.  I was so excited.  Off to church I went.

We have an hour break between Masses so instead of going home to meet the rest of the family I was just going to get a drink at Parker's (it is like QT) and have a few minutes of quiet time.  Well, when I was walking out of Parker's my shoe was making a weird clicking sound.  I looked down and the bottom of the shoe had come partly unglued and was clicking.  No, biggie.  I would just call Garrett and ask him to bring up a new pair of shoes. 



Then I tripped on the shoe parts and it broke completely in half and I spilled my Dt. Pepsi all down my shirt and skirt.  Crap.  So I had just enough time to run home and try to find another outfit for the second Mass. 
When I walked back into church, new out fit and new shoes, my friend in the choir asked why I changed my clothes and I told her the whole story.  She just started laughing. 

After Mass, I had her take a picture of the family dressed up.  It is always nice to have a few family photos.


'Til the next adventure...

1 comment: