A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Thursday, April 28, 2011

What an Amazing Attraction...

It has been called to my attention that I maybe might be picking on one friend more than the other in my blog.  So, to make things a bit more fair I have to tell you about Saturday when I took my Besties to Savannah.  Hopefully this will even it out a bit.

We started out and had lunch at our favorite burger joint in on Broughton Street in Historic Downtown Savannah called B&D Burgers.  If you come and visit we will take you there.  Then we checked out the local shops and things.

Bridget decided she needed to go in the Savannah Bee Company.  Before I knew it, the kids were in the hive and Bridget and Garrett were chatting up the honey expert at the honey bar. 


Inside the hive


A view from the outside

You see, there is a big debate about how if you take a teaspoon of local honey everyday, it can replace allergy shots by helping you build up a tolerance to the pollens and plants.  It has to be local honey so Ms. Bridget was out and my holistic husband bought a jar.  So, I bought lip balm.  I did have to tell them that if you ate local sea food like the shrimp sold on the side of the road it would do the same thing. Don't you think?

After the honey store, I had a couple of tired bugs so Garrett took them home and we continued to shop. Unfortunately for Bug, she was lumped into the have to go home group.

A disappointed Bug.

After the family left we decided to go down to the river and visit the shops and bars.  One thing that I learned is that you can carry an open container of alcohol as long as it is smaller then 16 ozs and not in a bottle or can. So, we visited Wet Willies.  A bar full of slushy machines. It was super cool.  I had a margarita and Bridget had a mohito. 


We watched some street performers and checked out a real big ship.  Literally, that is what it was named "Big Ship"  Bridget even decided that she would see what the mermaids feel like on the front of the ship.



'This adventure will continue...

We are headed to FL for the next adventure but wanted to keep you all informed of our adventures...
Side note, Mom have not even looked for misspelling and edits on this one yet either...

No comments:

Post a Comment