A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Poor Micheal...

Yesterday Little Bug came home from school all excited to tell me about Michael.  Michael and Stanley are two little boys in here class that she has a love/hate relationship.  Michael was not feeling so hot and got sick in a trash can next to Mrs. Shueman's Desk (Mrs. Whilhote is on maternity leave now with her baby girl, Preston). A little got on the floor and Michael was sent home by the school nurse.

I know that I promised this week to tell you about my BFFS' visit and yes this really does tie in... How? Well, Bridget and Melissa's visit had a bit of a rocky start.  One of my friends has a very difficult time relaxing.  I am not naming names as I don't want that person to feel bad. (MG) We all have our things. So, one over tired, stressed out and hard working friend got a little car sick on the way to soccer practice (Yes, it could have been my driving as we were running a bit behind).  Thank goodness for the empty trash can I always keep in the car. 

When we get to practice, my friend took a nap in the car and the rest of us braved the soccer field.  I say braved because it had been a bit rainy last week and the sand gnats (or sand cats... which ever works). Were a little out of control.  We all put on bug spray but were attacked anyway.  Little Bug and I had the most bites.  But the sand cats really liked Bridget's hair.  I got to spray her head with bug spray.  She hates bug spray but we were trying anything. 



I don't know if you will be able to see it but all the red bumps are my sand cat bites almost 6 days later.  I have taken itcy medicine every night in order to sleep.  That is just my arm.  I have them on my legs, neck, head, under my hair and on my toes.  It is crazy. 

The other ladies (Savannah natives) were laughing at us and noted that we were not from around here.  They told us to just wait until the SWAMP mosquitoes come out.  (OH!  I am SOOO excited.  Yellow Fever and West Nile here I come).

After practice, we got some frozen yogurt and went home to shower and get some sleep.

'Til the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment