A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wabam!

Well, Monday night it felt a little more like home here in Georgia.  You see we had a crazy thunderstorm with big winds and even a tornado in our county.  It was just a small one but the funny thing is that I had no idea of any of this until Tuesday.  I slept right through it all.

Bug has this special tree that is on the main road in Rincon that we drive by everyday.  She calls it the Wabam Tree because it grew at a slant and looks like it will fall over and "wabam" you when you drive by.  With the storms on Monday night it WABAMED the street and fell over closing the main highway through town for the morning so we had to find a new way to school.

I did learn that Georgia doesn't have tornado warning  sirens.  How would have thought? I mean since I grew up in Kansas I thought that everybody had tornado warning sirens.  I guess it is a fluke thing to have a tornado this close to the coast.  I guess we brought more of Kansas with us then we thought.

"Til the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment