A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Temper Tantrum Turtle...

Oh, I  meant Temper Tantrum Tuesday!  So I think that Tuesdays are the new melt down day for the Duncan's.  We were late for everything this morning because no one (but Garrett) wanted to do what they needed to do.  Little Bug was the first to have a break down because the girls at school don't like penguins and she doesn't want to be around people who don't like penguins.  Translation... I am new to school and even though I am starting to fit in, I am not in charge and I don't like it. So, the solution was she got to take her lunch today with cut up strawberries and shortbread cookies and a love note from Mom on her napkin.  Mom didn't have time to get ready.

Then there was Bug... she decided that since Little Bug got to have snuggles to wipe away the tears and be late to school, it was time to find the spray bottle and take things into her own hands.

We finally left at 7:35 for school that starts at 7:45 and is 15 minutes away, so I had to go sign her into school and I was not ready for that so in I marched in flip flops, PJ's and my jacket to hide the fact that I did not have a bra on. (Sorry Mom)

One stop down, two to go!


What do I say about my preteen, hormonal Bug who misses her BFF. The tears started rolling as soon as we left the parking lot from Little Bugs school and did not end until negations took place in the parking lot at the Middle School after school had started. Yes, once again I marched into school in my flip flops, PJ's and my jacket to hide the fact that I did not have a bra on. (Sorry Mom). We have a trip planned for the mall just the two of us this weekend for boots.  Wish us luck.

Two down, one to go!

Yes, even I had somewhere to be today... the doctors at 9. No big deal on a normal day but seeing as I was still in my PJ's and 15 minutes away from the apartment, another 15 minutes way from the doctor and it was 8:30.  PROBLEM.

It is a good think that I am a no frills kind of lady.  I got showered, dressed and to the doctors with no speeding ticket by 8:55.  So I was only a bit in trouble... first appointment means tons of paperwork.
My breakdown came when I got on the scale and saw that I had gained back 2 of the 5 pounds that I had lost and the tears just started flowing.

The nurse was so cute and as she was able to justify for me that I had jeans on and she was sure that my purse had to weigh over 2 lbs.  I think it was all of the morning just coming down.  So, I got my medicine for my sinus infection and scheduled my PAP.  I just can't wait.  Just keep your head down and your spirits high as my boss used to say.

As a side note, Little Bug just informed me that Stanley lives in the same apartment complex and is going to stop by later today.  I think that will be Garrett's time for a break down.

'Til the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment