A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scavenging Savannah?

We have been waiting for a weekend that all four of us were well and the weather was beautiful.  We finally got it this weekend. It was beautiful so we ventured into down town Savannah.  You see for Christmas, we received a Scavenger Hunt Tour of Savannah from Aunt C.  The Bugs have been dying to use it. 

We walked and picked up our tour book.  (One thing the Savannah is not famous for it parking) Then Little Bug decided that she was starving so we stopped to eat at this great little burger joint.  They have awesome burgers all kinds and they are names after streets in Savannah.  I got a grilled shrimp salad.  (trying to be good,  I would not recommend it... go with the burgers).

The Bugs picked the Garden Tour so we were off.  We had to find 9 historic spots and then figure out the clue.  We divided responsibility.  Little Bug and Garrett were in charge of the map.  As Bug put it "Two control freaks in charge of the map." My answer to that is what else can you do in a family of four control freaks. Bug was in charge of figuring out the clue.  Little Bug was in charge of writing it down.  I was in charge of reading the plaque and Garrett was in charge of taking pictures.  It worked fine until Bug got jealous because Little Bug always had the map.  So, we had to switch but it all worked out in the end. 

Looking for the next clue.


 Posing at the Firefighter Memorial.  Got to look good for the firefighters.

In front of the famous Mercer- Williams House from Midnight of the Garden of Good and Evil.


And my favorite spot of the tour was a bit odd.  I guess it makes since, since I am a bit odd.  Garrett looked a bit weird taking a picture of the sidewalk but I had to have it!  I mean I have my own little spot in Savannah.


I Love Lynn!  What more can I say.

'Til the next adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment