A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Let Go, Yeah Right...

Last weekend, the family went on an adventure to the Jacksonville Zoo.  We have some friends from high school that live in Florida and the Jacksonville Zoo was a half way meeting point.  Plus, we always check out the Zoo were ever we visit.  It is just our thing.  Well we were there for a few minutes waiting for our friends and what did I do? 

They have taxation without representation but it is spun in a very nice way.

Yes-  I took pictures of the prices

Turnstiles and a holding pen for guests, how fun!

Garrett just laughed that I timed how long it took us to go through and the fact that we stood in the wrong line as it was not clearly marked on where to go.  Don't even get me started on the membership processing line. 

Thank goodness that the Bugs were there to take pictures of the animals. Garrett and I were so busy talking that I did not see very many animals at all.  We have to go back just to see the animals.  

According to Bug, they have a small but AWESOME snake collection including a Gabon viper, a green mamba and the biggest snake she has ever seen... (TW scroll fast)

  Don't have any idea what this was but Bug was so excited about it. 

Little Bug was very busy being the social director and tour guide. She informed us on many different facts about the animals that she had learned from someone.  Not mentioning names but there was a bit of "Stuff like that".  She and one of our friends daughters were in charge of the map.  She had to point us to the correct location many times.  I had to push past the playground without them noticing, but since we were able to ride the carousal, they were easy to distract.  I was surprised to see...

Okapi.  This one is named Isaac after Little Bug's webkinz because it is a baby according to Little Bug. 

We did have a very fun day.  I can't get over the weather here though.  It is like late April or May here in Feb.  It is really playing with my mind but it doesn't take much. 

I really do enjoy zoos and look at things differently when visiting because of spending almost 10 years employed by one.  I think that there will always be a part of me that times the lines and checks out the signage but I can still let go, at least I will pretend.

'Til our next adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment