A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Always to the extreme...

One of the things that I have really started to understand about myself is that I am an extreme person.  I am sure you are glad to be sitting down as I know that might have really blown a lot of you off your feet. But I never really see myself as extreme until I start to really look at the things that I do. 

I can't just bake a cupcake, it has to be beautiful with the icing in a fun swirl and matching liner and sprinkles.  I can't just scrapbook, I have to have every kind of tool and every color paper but don't use it because you don't know when you will need it.  I can't just exercise, I have to go to the gym six days a week.  I have to swim a mile in open water, I have to run a 5K.  I can't just clean, it has to be perfect.  Everything in it's place, it has to smell clean, a mixture of Pine Sol and bleach.  I can't just put clothes away, it has to be color coated and categorized. 

This was the scene this weekend at our house.  I was tired of feeling like I was doing everything so since we did not have soccer, run club, boot camp or anything I figured we can just all clean together like we did in Wichita and then the Bugs would have to work, too.  I have gotten bad about not making them help but I know they need to or they will take it all for granted.

So, we slept in and then Garrett made breakfast and I turned off the TV at 11 for everyone to get to work.  We paired off.  Little Bug with Garrett, as I did not have the patience to deal with a procrastinator, and Bug with me.  Bug and I took the hard rooms;  kitchen, both bathrooms, Bug's room and living room.  This left the loafers to the dining room, Little Bug's room and our room.  I even took all floors.  Everything to the extreme.  There was a lot of bitchin' but not by me. I just worked and yelled.  Same ol', same ol' until...

I had a bit of an accident with the mop handle crashing into the pendent light over the sink sending glass flying into my face.  Lucky, I only got cut on my chin but man, can it bleed.  Bug goes "Mom, you have an upside down chicken footprint on your face!" What is with her and chickens?

Not too bad, but here is the close up...

It matches the cold sore on my lip that I was tring to
hide with lipstick and the lovely snot in my nose.

'Til the next adventure...

PS-  I did get my clean house after two breaks and piano lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment