A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Monday, November 28, 2011

Why Do I Always Pick Smartass Friends?

Well, I have been getting a bit of back lash since my blog has not been up to date but I really had a reason for not keeping up with it and it started when Mr. Isaiah came down with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease.  You see it was not so long ago that I was a working mother and I hated feeling torn between work and home when I had sick kids.  In fact, I cryed on my way to work many times when my kids were sick and I wanted to stay with them. 

Garrett was really pretty good about sharing the sick time with me but even when he was home with them, I wanted to be there. So, I have this soft spot for working moms with sick kids. 

I did a bit of research on the contagiousness of Hand, Foot, and Mouth and found that it was most common in children under 10. Confident with my information from the CDC I offered to watch Mr. Isaiah while Sarah worked.  We were good.  Had fun watching movies and playing while the Bugs were at school.  Just as Isaiah was feeling better and off to preschool, Bug and Little Bug started not feeling well and sure enough they both got Hand, Foot, and Mouth. 

Little Bug was only down for a day with a few blisters in her mouth and I was not really sure that she had it... denial is not just a river in Egypt.  So, Garrett and I let her go to her soccer tournament out of town and Bug did not want to go... Bug stayed with the Black's until we got back since it was a long day. We ended up exposing the whole team soccer team to Hand, Foot, and Mouth because half way through the tournament, Little Bug came to me and told me that her hands hurt and her feet hurt. Sure enough we had new blisters all over them.  I felt so bad.  There went Mother-of-the-Year and I was so close this year.

Back in Rincon, Bug was just starting to feel bad and just watched movies and lied around waiting for us to get back.  When we all got home and in bed that night, Bug came to me and said "My mouth hurts"  what do you know, she had huge cold sore like blisters all over her mouth.  She ended up missing 6 days of school and the doctor said it was one of the worse cases of mouth blisters she had seen and that was after it was much better. 

I called the Black's the next day and told them what was going on and they just laughed... They did tell me that Bug left her cup at their house and they would wash it and get it back to us.  This is what I got back...

Damn Smart Ass, Dry Sense of Humor Friends...

Anyway since I was taking care of sick kids for 2 and half weeks, I got out of the habit of blogging... well I guess I better get back into it because I miss it.

'Til the next adventure....

P.S.  The Black's never got Hand, Foot, and Mouth...

1 comment: