A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's Itchy, It doesn't really look like that...

These are some of the things that I hear almost every Halloween and I never get used to it.  This year was a bit different...

First, I had last year off.  Since I had to go to Jamaica with my loving husband and I sent my two children off to my friend's who was celebrating her first Halloween with her own child why not add a couple more in the mix...

Halloween 2010 with the Graham's

The best part is that she still claims me as a friend and will even call, sometimes...

Second, we had no Sue.  For the last nine years, Sue has made the Bugs' costumes.  Then we had to mess that up when we moved 1,200 miles away.  Yes, she did offer to do it long distance but really I could not put her through that. So, we had to settle for Walmart and our leftover parts from years past.

Third, no Halloween Street.  Georgia is a bit different then we were used to with the hoards of people crowding in to the streets of  College Hill. 

Fourth, we had school the next day. You see, November 1 is a Holy Day of Obligation in the Catholic Church and since the Bugs have always gone to Catholic Schools before they have had the day after Halloween to sleep in and recover from the festivities but not this year. 

Even though it was different doesn't mean it was bad. In fact, we had a great time.  The Bugs and I went trick-or-treating with our toddler friends and even went to a Halloween Party.  Okay the party was the day before but we got to practice dressing up, playing games and having craft time. 

Our monster cake pop witch's hat that we took to our Halloween Party. 
Bug not only helped decorate the cake pops but put them in the hat. 
She really did a great job. 

Unfortunately, Paige, one of Little Bug's friends was not feeling up to par and was not able to go trick-or-treating with us but we did have her over for mummy dogs, mac & cheese and vampire blood virgin cocktails.

Little Bug as Draculaura from Monster High.  She has been fascinated with
Monster High since it first came out.  She has always loved playing
vampires so it was a perfect fit even if the wig was itchy. Sass and all.


Little Bug as Draculaura and Paige as Laguna Blue,
also from Monster High.  They were the perfect fit.


Bug was some sort of combination of a diva and a vampire. 
She was most excited about the real looking fangs. 
She was so funny because she had some major picture and I was not getting it.
So, this is what she ended up with. It worked for her and that is all that mattered. 

Bug with her friend, Brooke who was also some kind of crazy vampire...
It was... Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah. 
I guess I should listen better.

We did get to go trick-or-treating with our toddler friends. I think that is the funnest part. Little Bug pulled the wagon and made sure that Anna got in and out safe.  Bug took them up and down the stairs.  It was supper cute.

Notice the older vampires lost their high heel shoes about a block into the adventure.
We even got to bring the Black's dogs.  I always have to have friends with dogs
as I have yet to get a dog of my own. Someday.

Such a good helper.

We all had a great time.  Garrett had to work late due to a deadline so we had to go without him but maybe next year.

 
'Til the next adventure...

Even if it took over a month to post this one.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment