A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Friday, May 18, 2012

Finally...

Took some pictures of the house decor that we have been working on.  It has taken longer this time because we painted most of the rooms before the moving and unpacking.  We have no intention of redoing the downstairs bathroom and I ran out of time to get the Master Bath done but hope to get that done before my mom visits in June. But who know what life has in store for us...

 The Living Room.  This is right across from the fireplace and focuses on my quilt that I received from my awesome boss when I left the Zoo and the coolest part is that is was hand made for me by my friends and coworkers, Anita, Bridget and Paula. It even has rhinos quilted in it. 

 My reading nook. It looks out unto the covered porch in the back yard.

 The desk.  I love it.  This is my little special place across from the reading nook.  You can see the color better.  It is really orange.  I love it. Garrett picked it out before we knew we were going to put the quilt out since it was in a box.

The fireplace and TV.  These windows look out over the covered patio in the front yard. We have a fan that still needs to be switched out. I have a picture picked out that I want to buy to go over the fireplace.  Just waiting for the money to come from the money tree I planted in the back yard.  With all the rain we have received, it should bloom any day.


The downstairs bathroom.  This is the one room that I am not going to paint.  It works so why mess with it. I do really like the sink and vanity.  It has a lot of room for storing extra supplies so it is good.

 The entry hallway. This color didn't change too drastic but it has more of a gray undertone and is in the same color family as our bedroom brown.  This is the spot I picked for Garrett's drop spot.  He likes to come in and have a place for wallet and phone, mail and crap. I don't want it in my kitchen so I came up with this solution.  It seems to work. 

 My teal kitchen.  I love my kitchen.  The only downside is the lack of work space for cooking but I hope to get an island or something.  I am making it work and it keeps the clutter away because there is just no room for it.  The Bugs have issue because I won't cook until dishes are done from the meal before but we are working on it.  The Bugs had sandwiches for diner three days in a row before it kicked in that I was serious.

My kitchen view.  When that money tree blooms, we are going to get a small table to eat breakfast and things on or do homework while I am cooking.  But part of me really likes the open space.

So that is the first three rooms.  I hope to take pictures of the upstairs soon and then there is the the Dining Room. Well, that is still in boxes.  Maybe tomorrow or I think I need to mow...

'Til the next adventure...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for finally showing us some pics! I was dyin' over here! Love it so far! Keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked everything especially the wall with the quilt, that looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete