A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Saturday, October 8, 2011

13 Crazy Years...

Well, Garrett and I celebrated our 13th Anniversary this week and I find it so funny to look back and see how we have grown up together.  And yes we do have a ways to go but I think it will be a fun journey.

You see Garrett thinks that I am going through a mid life crisis and I don't know why.  Just because I have dyed my hair crazy colors, swam a mile in the lake, working on running a 5 K, thinking about getting a new tattoo ( It is a L with two ladybugs, but have not decided yet if I am going to do it), and thinking and praying about teaching a class on the Catholic Faith to prisoner at the jail in South Carolina (Need a good excuse to get a good cup of coffee).  No, mom have have not decided to do it yet as Garrett is not so thrilled with the idea.  Now, I know it may look like a little bit of crazy but I am having a great time.

Last night Garrett and I went to the Melting Pot for dinner.  Totally fun and a bit different.  Then we went to Savannah Smiles a Dueling Piano Bar.  It was a blast.  I was dancing and singing in my chair and Garrett was just laughing at me.  I think that might be one of my parts in the marriage is to keep it fresh and add a new layer to our lives.  You see the older we get the more mellow Garrett gets and the more free spirited I get.  Who know where we will end up in another 13 years but I am so glad that I have him to take the journey with me.

'Til the next adventure...

Oh, by the way Garrett and Bug made me a Rosary for my anniversary present.  The thing I like the best, it is missing 3 beads.  My engineer husband miss counted and forgot the 3 little beads at the beginning of the Rosary so one decade is three short.  He says he is going to fix it but I really don't want him to.  That is want makes it fun and unique.  I do have Garrett's long history of good intentions that don't come to fruition working in my favor.  As long as I don't remind him, I might get to keep it the way I have it.  What is 3 little prayers anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment