A day at the ocean

A day at the ocean

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The School Day begins...

My Bugs are off to school today. Bug started her Sophomore year in High School and turns 15 later this month.  She is chomping at the bit for her birthday to come, not because she gets presents but because she wants to get her driver's permit.



 Little Bug started Middle School today.  She is excited and ready to start a new year at a new school with new people and new things like band.  She gets to learn how to play her dad's saxophone which technically was her Great Grandma's saxophone.



We had a few eye rolls as I asked for them to get pictures this morning of the first day of school.  "I'm too old for this", "Mom, can't we do it a different day.  I want to go to the bus stop.", "Mom, Really"


Yes, really.  Reality has started to hit.  Mom and Dad don't have much longer before the Bugs want to start lives on their own.  So, the next question is where does that put me?  What do I want when they head out? The last 15 years my life has literally revolved around two little bugs and I have enjoyed every minute, or at least most of them. Next year Bug gets to take classes on the college campus and will be driving, so, our talks in the car will be more limited.

I will be starting to do things for me more often, I just need to do some soul searching.  I have to figure out what I want to do for me. I think that what bothers me the most.  I have lived most of my life for others and as they grow and mature and do their own things, I am left there too.  I have to look at the next few years as more intense training.  I have to teach them things like cleaning the bathroom.  I have to teach them how to change the sheets.  I have to teach them how to make their own meals when I am not here as they have a tendency to not eat until I get home rather then make something for themselves.  Mom needs to learn about how not to be co-dependent and just be happy for who she is...

I guess that should be the next stage of the adventure...  

No comments:

Post a Comment